It’s becoming increasingly popular to open up the space in a room by installing large glass panels, bi-fold or sliding doors.
If you have a decent garden area or look out onto a great bit of scenery, you can really bring everything to life if you replace your existing windows with a much larger installation.
Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Today’s modern bi-fold and sliding doors are very thermally efficient, more so than they’ve ever been. That means you can be sure your room will stay snug and warm in the winter and relatively cool in the summer.
- You have access to a wide range of different designs and colours to fit almost any space. If you want to create greater access to the open air, for example, bi-fold doors push back to give you just that.
- You may want a traditional set of French doors, however, with side windows included, simply because you like the way it looks. The great news is there is plenty to choose from.
- Bi-fold and sliding doors can be fitted with integrated blinds. What does that mean? These are installed between the panes of glass in your double glazing and can be opened and closed either with a magnetic slider or remote device.
- You don’t have to worry about cleaning your blinds, ever again. That’s because everything is sealed away and won’t gather any dust or dirt.
- Both Bi-fold and sliding doors are highly secure, with the latest locking mechanisms and toughened double glazing. They’re easy to open and close and require just minimal maintenance such as cleaning the windows and the hinges and edges once in a while.
- If you want to undertake a renovation on your home that is going to add value, then installing sliding doors or bi-fold doors is certainly a good option.
One of the main reasons why people want to put in large glass panels or sliding doors for their home or business is to create more light. If you have a dark room, especially one facing an area like the garden, it’s the best way to open things up. Aluminium bifold doors and sliding doors not only fit across one wall but can be designed to stretch around corners which makes them extremely versatile.
If you’re building an extension, for example, rather than having brick walls all around, incorporating glass panels can make a huge difference to the design and aesthetic appeal of the finished area and add value to your property.
Of course, putting in bi-fold or sliding doors is a pretty big investment in time, effort and money. You want to be sure you make the best choices. At Bifold Doors UK, we have one of the largest ranges of aluminium doors and aluminium windows at very affordable prices. Our in-house surveyors can also assist with design issues and help you make the right decisions for your property.
All our products are made here in the UK, to the highest specifications and you are guaranteed quality from the very beginning. If you’re looking to install new doors, contact our friendly team today to find out more.